The 🙏 emoji generally symbolizes a gesture of “please” or “thank you”, and is often used to represent praying, saying grace, or expressing sincere thankfulness and gratitude. Originating from the Japanese practice of bringing one’s hands together in prayer at Shinto shrines, it has transcended regions globally via instant messaging platforms. It can be employed diversely for expressing various sentiments including hope, wishes, respect, spirituality, acknowledgment or apologies. Its usage adds emotion to digital conversations, making them more personal and relatable. However, interpretations can differ based on culture and context. As with all emojis, overuse may dilute its impact.
|Thank you, apologies
|EASY TO UNDERSTAND
|EASY FOR CHILDREN
|TRENDING ON INSTAGRAM
|TRENDING ON SNAPCHAT
|Please, Thankful Too You
|TREND ( YEAR)
Instagram, Snapchat and Messenger
Pros & Cons
The 🙏 emoji traditionally represents a gesture of prayer or reverence, often used to express gratitude, respect, or to request help or guidance.
- Captures a universal human action that transcends cultures and religions.
- It can be used in different contexts such as appreciation, begging, saying thanks, showing humility etc.
- Emojis convey emotion which traditional text sometimes fails to deliver.
- Interpretation can vary drastically depending on the context and cultural differences.
- Can lose its impact over time if overused.
- Its usage may not be deemed appropriate in certain formal or professional settings.